These are books I’ve used during the course and others that you may find helpful:-
- Brach, T. Radical Acceptance. Random House London.
- Burch, V. Living Well with pain and Illness. Piatkus
- Pemma Chȍdrȍn
I am unashamedly fan of Pemma Chȍdrȍn, and have found all of her books and cds brilliantly accessible. Although a Buddhist, the mindfulness of which she speaks is true for any religion.
- Living Beautifully: With Uncertainty and Change
- Start Where You Are: How to accept yourself and others
- The Places That Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness
- Taking the Leap: Freeing Ourselves from Old Habits and Fears
- The Wisdom of No Escape: How to love yourself and your world
- Comfortable with Uncertainty: 108 Teachings on Cultivating Fearlessness and Compassion
- The Pocket Pema Chodron (Shambhala Pocket Classics)
- Kornfield, J. & Feldman, C. (1996) Soul Food. Harper One, HarperCollins Publishers, New York.
- Hanson, R. (2011). Just One Thing. Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time. New harbinger Publications Inc. Oakland CA.
- Hanson, R. with Mendius, R. (2009). Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love & Wisdom. New harbinger Publications Inc. Oakland CA.
- Hanson, R. The Compassionate Brain http://live.soundstrue.com/compassionatebrain
- Levine, S. Healing into Life and Death. Gateway Books, Bath.
- Kabat-Zinn, J. (1994). Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness. Piatkus
- Kabat-Zinn, J. Mindfulness Meditation for Everyday Life. Piatkus
- Kabat-Zinn, J. Wherever You Go There You Are. Piatkus
- Oliver, M. Selected Poems, Bloodaxe Books.
- Remen, R. N. My Grandfather’s Blessings. Riverhead Books, New York.
- Remen, R. N. Kitchen Table Wisdom. Riverhead Books, New York.
- Rumi. The Essential Rumi, Translated by Coleman Barks
- Santorelli, S. Heal Thyself. Bell Tower
- Shihab Nye, N. (1998). Words under the Words: selected poems. A Far Corner Book, Eighth Mountain Press, USA (1998).
- Watt, T (2011). Mindfulness: A Practical Guide. Icon Books, UK
- Williams, J. M G., Teasdale, J D., Segal, Z V., & Kabat-Zinn. J. The Mindful Way through Depression. Guilford Press (purchase includes audio CD narrated by Jon Kabat-Zinn)
THICH NHAT HANH
I am unashamedly fan of TNH, and find all of his works brilliantly accessible. Although I have problems with hearing his cds, I have no doubt they are equally inspiring.
I’ve not enjoyed a retreat at his Plum Village in France yet, but many of my colleagues frequently take their families there SEE MORE
- Walking Meditation
- The Miracle of Mindfulness
- Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life
- Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through the Storm
- True Love: A Practice for Awakening the Heart
- Happiness – Essential Mindfulness Practices
- Anger: Buddhist Wisdom for Cooling the Flames
- Making Space: Creating a Home Meditation Practice
- Thich Nhat Hanh & McLeod, M. The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh (Pocket Classic)
- The Heart of Buddha’s Teaching: Transforming Suffering into Peace, Joy and Liberation